It all starts here
Pack your bags and get ready to unplug — the most fulfilling semester of your life is just around the bend.
Are you ready to engage in meaningful, hands-on academics? Read our Essential Eligibility Criteria and start your application today.
The 2022-2023 admissions review process is currently underway. We will continue to accept and process new applications on a rolling basis until we fill our semester rosters.
Apply today to add your application to the admissions queue!
The Traveling School academic philosophy has no geographical boundaries. We can explore relevant themes in any location using our place-based curriculum. Read our COVID Considerations to learn how we are adapting during these challenging times.
Fill out the Student Application
Clicking the button below will redirect you to our online application. This form does not allow you to save and return, and must be completed in one sitting.
Pay the $25 Application Fee
This is a one-time, non-refundable charge.
- Submit an Official Transcript: You can request an up-to-date transcript from your current school, or send us a copy of your most recent report card.
- Documents can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Provide Two Recommendations: At least one recommendation must come from a recent academic teacher, but the second can come from a second teacher, coach, employer, mentor or close family friend (not a member of your family). Please ask your recommenders to complete the form linked below:
- Complete the Academic Credit Transfer Form: Share this document and the Academic Overview & Course Descriptions document (both linked below) with your school counselor. This form is intended to start the credit transfer conversation with your sending school. Once completed, please return to email@example.com.
- If applying for a need-based scholarship, have your parent(s)/guardian(s) complete a FACTS application by February 15, 2022. Visit our Affording a Semester page to learn more.
The student application and supporting materials are due February 15, 2022. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or (406) 586-3096 if you have any questions.
The Traveling School is committed to excellence through diversity in its students, faculty, staff, and Board of Directors. The Traveling School provides equal employment opportunities to all employees/applicants for employment and students/student applicants without regard to race, sex, age, color, national origin, ethnicity, creed, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, or political affiliation – except where sex, age, or ability represent bona fide educational or employment qualifications or where marital or veteran status are statutorily defined eligibility criteria for Federal or State laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training. The Traveling School will make reasonable accommodations to allow qualified individuals with a disability to participate in the essential functions of the program. This policy does not preclude discrimination based on bona fide qualifications or other recognized exceptions under the law.
As a member of The Traveling School community, you are entitled to work/study in an environment free of discrimination. Racial, sexual or ethnic remarks or slurs and other forms of harassment are not tolerated. If you feel you have been treated unfairly, notify the Executive Director. There are procedures available to address your concerns.