Investing in your future
Affording a Semester
Tuition for the Fall 2020 and Spring 2021 is $31,000 and includes:
- Room, board and activities
- Visas and transportation once overseas
- Travel assistance, medical evacuation rescue and security extraction service
An enrollment deposit of $1,000 is required and will be returned upon completion of the semester (less outstanding balances).
Read this Admissions and Enrollment Update to accepted families and applicants for information about refunds or withdraws for 2020-2021 semesters.
Additional expenses are estimated to be between $2,000 – $5,000 and include:
- Southern Africa – from USA Orientation & Departure City: approximately $2,100
- South America – from USA Orientation & Departure City: approximately $1,000
- Immunizations/prophylaxis: dependent on semester and personal insurance plan
- Passport: $110
- Personal spending money: $425
- Personal gear/equipment: dependent, ranges from $200-$1,000
- Supplemental travel or tuition insurance (optional): $500 – $900
in Financial Aid Distributed
We recognize the cost of attending an immersive, high-value program like The Traveling School may be difficult for many families to afford. We offer Financial Aid to help students make their semester with The Traveling School a reality.
Determining Financial Aid Awards
We work with FACTS Management to ensure impartiality and professionalism in determining financial aid awards. FACTS Management collects applications and required documents for evaluation based on financial need. Families are notified of award status before student acceptance is due. Financial aid can only be used for tuition (not additional expenses).
- To get started, create an account with FACTS Management; applications must be completed by February 15.
- Students who receive financial aid are required to fundraise a portion of their tuition. In order to best support you, a fundraising plan must be submitted to The Traveling School by February 15.
Approximately 75% of students fundraise in their home communities to help fund their semester. Fundraising can be used for tuition, spending money, gear or flights. Don’t worry, we are here to help you every step of the way. Check out these fundraising resources to get started:
The Traveling School can also help students obtain select gear and supplies on a case-by-case basis. Please email us at email@example.com for more information.
Affording a Semester
The most important thing to understand about The Traveling School is that it is not a finite experience. The lessons you learn while abroad will follow you for the rest of your life.
Frequently Asked Questions
If my parents are divorced, who should fill out the financial aid application?
If parents are divorced, both parents must complete a financial aid application.
How many students receive some sort of financial aid?
Between 40%-60% of students each year receive financial aid. As of 2019, over $1 million in financial aid has been distributed.
How much financial aid will I receive?
Financial aid awards range from $2,000 - $21,500 depending on need and availability.
Are there payment plans available for managing tuition payments?
Payment plans for tuition are available for all families. Payments are made through FACTS management. Payments through this platform can be made from bank accounts or credit cards and are ONLY for tuition payments. Deposits and fees must be paid directly to The Traveling School by check.
How is The Traveling School’s financial aid program funded?
Our Financial Aid fund is supported by generous donors as well as grants from foundations. If you are interested in making a semester possible by donating to our financial aid fund, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.